Monday, April 30, 2018

Exploring Our Thinglink Challenge

Cierra

The benefits of insects in a Garden

My three pluses and a wish:
  • I really liked the video about gardening and pollinators.
  • I liked that you used websites other than google docs. I’ve never used Linoit but it looks really cool!
  • I liked how you spaced out the tabs so students can see the whole picture.
One wish: I wish you used something other than arrows for pictures with the tabs. I really loved it!! 
James McVey
  1. My three pluses and a wish:
    • I really liked the amazing world of worms video!
    • I liked the you used a KWL chart.
    • The pictures you used were really engaging.
    One wish: I wish you has less tabs because it might be confusing for students. I loved it though!



Tara
My three pluses and a wish:
  • I like that you put the steps in one tab then added the links that followed those steps in another tab.
  • I like that you asked students to write a letter to a first-time farmer.
  • I really liked the life lab website!
One wish: For step 2 I wish you provided a chart for students to write their answers on. Great job!


Ganny
Insects and Birds in a Garden


My three pluses and a wish:
  • I love the bee gif in the first step!
  • I really like the beneficial insects and birds website. It was really informative.
  • I like that you asked students to write a letter at the end rather than them sharing what they learned in the lesson.
One wish: I wish you thought of a more creative name for the thinglink. Great job as always!!

Olivia Green
The importance of worms
My three pluses and a wish:
  • I like that you used a KWL chart in the beginning to assess students prior knowledge.
  • I like how you used pictures that have step numbers on them so students know which tab to go to next.
  • The websites you used were really informative!
One wish: I like how you used the arrows but it may be too busy for students to follow. But overall great job!!


Comments about my Thinglink!
A Journey Through Different Habitats


Ganny’s Comments:
  • Playing Kahoot is a fun way to engage students to the lesson.
  • I really liked all resources in your ThingLink Challenge especially I liked the video about Animal habitats.
  • I liked Adobe Spark website so students can create their own video.
  • I wish your tags are in order.

  • Nice use of the Kahoot. I also like the way you had multiple mediums for student projects-T
Cierra’s Comments:
  • I like that you included group work for the students to interact with each other.
  • I like that the student were able to record a video about the needs for survival.
  • I like that they had the chance to be creative by making a poster.
Wish:
  • I wish you used more technology for the activities.

James’ Comments:
  • I got so excited I just couldn’t hide it when I saw you used Kahoot! Top notch!
  • I liked the wide pool of resources you used
  • Excellent selection of supplemental imagery
  • Wish tags were easier to follow (for inept people like myself)

Olivia’s Comments:
3 Pulses
  1. I enjoyed that you are giving the students an opportunity in the beginning to create what they think the giraffes habitat may be. It is a good way to then make a transition into the topic.
  2. The source given at your second stop was very child friendly and easy to navigate through, I love that you used adobe for the students to use.
  3. This source is also very organized with many different links that the students can navigate through to collect information. I think breaking the students up into groups was a good idea as well.
1 Wish
  1. I wish that they layout of the thinglink was more organized because I was not to sure of the order of the tasks! Other than that great job.

Marie’s Comments:
  1. I loved that you included a fun Kahoot Game in your Thinglink ! this is a great way to assess student knowledge and keep them engaged in the activity.
  2. I loved the links you used you used for student’s to gain information. They were very informational and easy for students to read.
  3. Great images!! They were colorful and very engaging!
  4. I wish you had more tags.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you included the comments on from your thinglink project! Great way to reflect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you included everyone's ThingLink Challenge. I really enjoyed doing you ThingLink Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete